We are currently recruiting.
Due to our continuing growth Peterborough based Pearce Hire have the following positions available and are looking for enthusiastic and experienced full-time personnel to join the existing team. All positions require an ability to integrate with the existing teams and a desire to succeed within an already motivated environment working to high standards.
Electrical Test Engineer
We are seeking an experienced PAT and electrical test engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will join our workshop team primarily to ensure temporary power distribution units and rental items are tested and inspected in line with our safe systems. The ideal candidate would:
- Be a 17th Edition Qualified Electrician
- Hold a City & Guilds qualification in Inspection & Testing (e.g. one or more of 2391, 2392, 2394, 2395).
- Have a track record of Portable Appliance Testing & able to demonstrate working knowledge
- Have experience of 3-phase systems and variable RCDs
- Be able to carry out repairs on distribution equipment
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Be able to manage workload and prioritise
- Be computer literate
- Be able to work to tight deadlines in a busy environment
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Have a valid UK driving licence
Salary is competitive and dependent on experience. Most work would take place at our headquarters in Peterborough however there may be a requirement to attend client premises where required.
Event Power Project Managers
We are looking for experienced Project Managers to work on a wide range of events from outdoor festivals to corporate shows. You will need to be skilled primarily in power, experience with lighting, staging and audio disciplines will be an advantage. The ideal candidate will be able to carry out the following tasks.
- Manage projects from the initial contact, concept and quotation stages through to final invoicing.
- Liaise with both clients and crew
- Manage the projects on-site
- Liaise with the Warehouse and Hire Manager with regards to equipment and transport logistics
- Use the HireTrack inventory control system
- IPAF, Forklift and First Aid qualification are advantageous
- This role will be based on an average of a 48-hour week but due to the nature of our business will require weekend work and working away.
Head of Installations and Sales
The purpose of this role will be to head up and expand our installations department. We are looking for someone who has experience and disciplines in the Electrical, Audio, lighting and AV installations along with venue servicing and testing. This will be primarily an office based job but at times will require a hands-on approach on site. You will be required to fulfil the following
- Have City and Guilds electrical installation qualifications to the 17th edition along with time served experience.
- Provide installation and service quotations from customer specifications / plans
- Completion of installation tenders and applications.
- Provide sales quotations.
- Procurement of installation materials, equipment and tools
- Manage projects from conception to completion
- Provide CAD drawings and compile installation data packs
- Check and collate client electrical test results and NICEIC documentation
- To be the NICEIC duty holder
- Ability to demonstrate a high standard of installation skills.
- Responsibility for sales of ex-hire, new and used equipment
- This is an hourly paid position, rates are dependent on experience
Electricians – (Fulltime & Freelance)
We are looking for experienced electricians to work on a wide range of events from outdoor festivals to corporate shows. You will need to be skilled in temporary power system installations, and have the following attributes
Electrical installations qualifications to BS7161 (17th Edition) and BS7909
Ability to fully test electrical installations to BS 7161 and complete test result sheets
Experience in temporary event power distribution systems
Experience in fixed electrical installation (Full time only)Experience in the construction and testing of temporary distribution equipment and cabling systems. (Full time only)
Experience in the use and operation of generators
Ability to service generators would be advantageous but not a requirement
Experience of sound, lighting and AV installations would be advantageous but not a requirement
IPAF, Forklift and First Aid qualification are advantageous
Due to the nature of our business and workload, hours will be varied with weekend and unsocial hours to be expected.
All interested parties please send full CV stating which role / roles you are interested in along with expectation of salary to
FAO - Managing Director
Unit 8 Reynolds Industrial Park